Friday, March 4, 2011

Surf City Sweet Shop

My brother called me yesterday and we were finally able to discuss more bakery business!! I am very excited about this. We discussed potential clients, catering menu, prices, etc. As I mentioned previously, our site is up yet very basic info is included. We are working on the price tab, catering menu, more pictures, etc! This weekend he and his wife are working on a few different butter creme recipes! I can not wait to try those. We have went through quite a bit of trial and error on the add ins for the cup cakes. We get lots of request for add ins and we try attempt to make them before we say, "not to sure how that will bake up, however, we are more than happy to try"!! Gummy bears is one. Those melted and turned the cupcakes into a rainbow creation that would make a box of crayons jealous!  They tasted very fruity however, they were quite a mess and need extra attention in the oven.

We are currently reviewing shipping boxes. There are of course things that need refrigeration. This is an on going process and we want to be very careful on the choice we make as to assure freshness, quality, and a beautiful presentation. This is all very important to Surf City Sweet Shop!

Not sure how much investigative work I will get done today as all of the kids are home. School was canceled today due to a ice storm and close expressways. I sure do love these precious days with my children!

I am still working on cleaning closets to purge items. I need to get to the master closet and set up donation bags. It is amazing how much stuff you can acquire! We have been in this house since 2000 and we sure have accumulated a lot. Mind you, I do my regular annual spring and fall organizing and purging, yet it is still a big task!

Spring break and prom are around the corner and this is a busy hair extension time for Catalina Extensions. I really appreciate the specials Donna Bella of Milan has been running! It makes my job easier to have great stock on hand! Once we get thru this season then it is on to summer wedding hair.

I did not accomplish as much yesterday as I wanted too however, I did get alot done and felt good about it when it was time for bed! That is what counts.

Have a great, productive day friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I tried to email u but idk if iit went thru I was looking into fushions and saw your coment I live in macomb and was going to regency beauty one of my instructors hacked all my hair off and I'm getting married in june I was hoping u would b available to speak with if you have the time you can email or text bluidbomshell07@gmail.com or 5862956698 I would rly appreciate it my name is sam btw :)

    ReplyDelete