Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have a renewed sense of energy today! Yesterday really drained me. Comcast is at the bottom of my list for competence, customer service, and ethics! There is so much to say on this matter that I will leave it for another post as I do not want to bring any negative energy this way!!

I surprisingly got alot done yesterday, even with an entire morning wasted! I managed to clean my sons Lorenzo's room (which is no feat for the weak hearted). I cleaned out both of his toy boxes, closet floor, and behind his bed! He has found a convenient little place in our dormer to "stash" his stuff! I only have his dresser to clean which again is a project in itself! I love him however, he is a little messy boy!!

Shawn and Aidens room was a bit easier as I made them start before I got in there. Where do they get all this junk from? Ugh! I must admit I am quite a stickler and like things a certain way, so I often find it easier to just "do it myself" so its done right. My husband laughs and says, "Do you really think they care if their books are in size order or if their toy box is organized"? I get it, I am anal about alot. Think it stems from control issues :)

So we have established that I like organization yet at times I feel so unorganized! I am trying to purge alot of things we don't need or use since we will be moving this summer. I don't want to bring things with us that will sit unused or un-needed. I feel so accomplished after I finish a big task like cleaning a room from top to bottom or a hall laundry closet.

Speaking of hall laundry closet, that is on the list for today! I need to do some further research for a business my brother, his wife and myself are starting. It is called http://www.surfcitysweetshop.com. My brother has been a pastry chef for close to 15 years and we have decided to give it a go. He is a great driven man (hard to call him that since he is my little brother) with a great business sense. He drums up most of the business for his current bakery and they just don't follow up to close with these clients. He is so tired of putting his name out there and having the current owners just let it go. He works his little heart out and knows it is time to take a chance and get his name out there! I have been baking dozens upon dozens of flavors and combinations. s a mom of 6 I have experience in baking too however, not to the level of my brother.

We will be preparing cupcakes, cannoli, all different kinds of pastries, pies and perhaps some cakes. I don't think we will dive right in to specialty cakes but we have the knowledge and the skill. We are also contemplating breads and rolls as my brother has quite a following for his specialty breads!

We will start as home based. We will take ordered via phone and internet. We will also offer samples to our customers that wish to place large orders and just can't decide! We are still playing around with numbers, delivery, etc. We have so much information in our heads, its just getting it out on paper for the world to see!

I will with the help of my most awesome brother, start a blog for our adventures. I don't want to mix these two as I have this for my adventures with extensions and family life! Stay tuned for more to come on both!

Have a wonderful day friends!! Make every moment count because you deserve the best!

Your friend-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment